HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Christmas Family Room at Bluestone Hill


I have been so excited to decorate for Christmas, since this is our first time doing so here at Bluestone Hill. Last year, we moved the week before Christmas and all we did for decorating was set up a tiny fake tree that the girls covered in blindingly bright ornaments and our pretty, big farm stand tree which fell over not once, but twice, smashing at least half of my ornaments. And causing me to go into fits of laughter that did not amuse the husband that ended up cleaning up the whole mess. To his credit, he did predict the tree was going to fall over and I did say "no, no, it's fine, don't worry." And then it fell over. And I laughed. And he huffed and got out the dustpan and vacuum. And when I had him just about convinced that he was going to laugh about it later, it fell over again and woke up our older daughter and we pretty much hit repeat except there was also a semi-frightened daughter dazed in her bed in the next room.


So this year, I have been excited to get into decorating (...and Josh has been researching the best tree stands...) ;) and the fact that Everly seems to have some interest in the holiday decor this year makes it all the more special. She helps me find the best branches outside to cut and we make a game of it and look for forest fairies while we clip. She would tell you that the reason we haven't seen any yet is because we are too tall and they are scared of us.


I have to say, I left the clippings in the sled on the girls' table and am utterly shocked that Lucie hasn't torn it apart. She just sets her pretend kitchen food on the table around it and ignores it. If you knew her, you would be shocked, too. She walks into the playroom in the morning and in twenty seconds it looks like a tornado passed through. Everly does like to pull little needles off and put them in her mixing bowl and pretend to cook them. However, all in all, I've been surprised by how little they've messed with the Christmas decorations. I thought the presents in the opposite corner would be unwrapped in a day.




This tree is from my Uncle's farm stand, where we get our big tree every year. I can't wait to pick one out this year with the girls! I have a feeling Everly is going to want the biggest one there.






This rocking chair belonged to Josh when he was little, and the shoes sitting on it belonged to my grandfather's first cousin.









Source List:

Wall Color - Pale Smoke by Benjamin Moore in Eggshell Finish 
Trim Color - Dove White by Benjamin Moore in SemiGloss Finish
Rug - Loloi Rugs Florence Collection
Sofa - IKEA Ektorp with the White Slipcover
Ottoman  - Joss and Main
Robert Frost sign - Dear Lillie
Drummer Boy canvas - Dear Lillie
Table and Chairs - Consignment shop several years ago 
Basket - Target
Plaid pillows and red stripe pillow - I made
Navy Knit Pillows - Target
Burlap Pillow - White Home Collection years ago
Knit Throw - Made by an aunt 
Wooden Circular Tray  - White Home Collection years ago
TV stand - Joss & Main
Paper whites - Target
White table in the corner - White Home Collection years ago
Shade - Home Depot
Rocking Chair - Was Josh's as a child
Lantern, table & chairs, sled atop it, and large bundles of cinnamon - secondhand stores

Have a wonderful day! - Jamie




3 comments:

  1. Jamie, it's beautiful! I adore the little rocking chair with the wreath attached. My hubby's little chair is sitting in our library. I just may need to add a wreath to it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ottoman! I can just picture this room with dark walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty and I love that little table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...