HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, August 8, 2016

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Music


"Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with A-B-C
When you sing you begin with do-re-mi
Do-re-mi, do-re-mi

The first three notes just happen to be
Do-re-mi, do-re-mi
Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do.."


Here are a few pictures of Mimi (or should I say Maria...) and the girls in the Sound of Music dresses singing and marching along.







Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!


6 comments:

  1. I have a funny story about Maria Von Trapp. I visited the Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont when I was 2 years old and Maria held me in her arms and started singing. Apparently, I was listening intensively and she told my parents I would become a musician... She was right, I am a classical pianist and piano teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read this comment to Lillie tomorrow morning when she wakes up! She will absolutely die of jealousy! Ha!

      Delete
  2. A few months ago son's in-laws were driving through Austria and they decided they had better book a hotel. They googled spots to stay in the area and booked a stay at Villa Trapp online. When they arrived, they discovered that they were staying at the actual home of the Von Trapp family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly precious! This has always been our favorite family movie and we watch it every year. Your beautiful girls are growing up so quickly - almost didn't recognize Lola!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...