HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Silhouette Easter Egg Tutorial



Not too long ago I saw some adorable silhouette eggs on Pinterest. They were too colorful for my decor but I loved the idea! Then later I saw some beautiful tea-stained eggs here on Southern Living's website. I decided to try to mix the two ideas and was really happy with how it turned out.

So, here is how I started. First, I cut out several images on my silhouette machine. Now, I know most people don't have a silhouette machine. You can use this tutorial over at Le Papier Studio if you don't, or if you want to make it really easy, you can purchase these same little vinyl stickers from our shop.

Next I boiled a whole bunch of eggs. I let them sit for a few minutes until I was able to hold them (but they still need to be hot) and then attached the vinyl silhouettes on them. I actually left some just like this because I really like how they looked without even dying the eggs.







Then once the eggs had cooled a little more I dipped them in a strong cup of coffee. I also dipped some in a VERY strong cup of tea (I think I used about four tea bags for it). I let them sit in there for a little while until I got the color I wanted.

Now, if you don't press the vinyl down very well or do it when the eggs have completely cooled they might end up looking like this.

Now if you do press the vinyl down nice and tightly and do it while the eggs are still warm a perfectly crisp imprint will be left when you peel off the silhouette. (Sorry for the grainy photo this one was taken late at night).

The one on the left was dipped in the tea and the one on the right dipped in the coffee.
 



Lillie, of course, wanted to make her eggs pink!



Actually she had fun dipping them in all the colors and then adding stickers. =)

Or if you don't want to make eggs these little silhouettes are cute for other little accents on your Easter table.






Also, we will be announcing the winner of our Love Is pillow covers  tomorrow and they will be available in our shop again then too! 

And we are going to be hosting another Link Party on Monday! This time it will be for anything about EASTER!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you all have to share!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!


20 comments:

  1. Good Morning~ Thank you so much for sharing this beautifully classic idea. I am so excited to try it out. Hopefully the black is back in stock soon.
    Thank you for all your hard work! I am a huge fan of the Dear Lilly shop! Can't get enough! Happy Day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how the eggs turned out! sweet and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! You come up with the most simple, yet beautiful and classic items. I always look forward to coming here and seeing what's new or looking at your gorgeous photography.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful! I love your blog... it is completely my style, and I love the silhouettes and everything related to them. :) I won one of your Dear Lillie Jane Austen t-shirts on a blog giveaway last year, and it is definitely my favorite shirt. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these! I am just waiting until you're able to restock your black silhouettes, then buying a set of each =) I can't wait to get decorating =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer these are so gorgeous! I love silhouettes but never thought to use them like this. It is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful eggs...I just went to buy the small vinyl black rabbit...SOLD out...UGH...I will keep checking back..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your eggs, and that little helper of yours. She is such a cute little worker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply lovely! Love the idea of tea and coffee staining...I'm gonna have to try that too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a Sunday School craft idea, I think a cross on the egg would be beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gave a little Pinning Love! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! I'm a brand new follower of your blog and am looking forward to browsing through your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are totally going to do this, I love how they're classic looking, yet have the fun dyeing aspect for kids. I love Lillie's pink ones.
    She wears orange stripes!
    I'd be a very happy mama if you'd photograph Lillie and Lola's wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where can I get the small vinyl silhouette-so darn cute! Love to do this

    Let me know when you have a second!

    Thxs
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly Ann - You can view all of our silhouettes that we have for sale on this page: http://www.dearlillie.com/category/decorative-cut-outs

      Delete
  15. They look wonderful! I love your blog.You come up with the most simple, yet beautiful and classic items.Good work keep it up !!!
    College Storage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Kasra Design is a animation company and provide explainer video, video commercial production, animated product demo, animations, and many more.
    explainer video

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...